Disney World Updates their reopening plan to give us more details on how things will operate when the parks start opening July 11th. Information was very vague when they announced they would begin phased reopening. Clearly no one anticipated all of this. There was no plan in place. The execution of providing accommodations, dining, and any semblance of a magical experience for Guests while keeping everyone safe during this time is quite the undertaking and not something Disney can take lightly. It is not surprising that it will take them time to figure out all of the details.
Here is the updated information from the Walt Disney World site.
Disney World Updates – Dining
- Menu items may vary. Refer to the restaurant’s online menu for current offers when the restaurant reopens
- Reduce Contact Menus – At quick-service locations menus will be displayed on signage and Guests can use the My Disney Experience app to access the restaurant menu. Table service restaurants you can use your mobile device to scan a code to access the digital restaurant menu.
- Character dining will not be offered during the initial reopening. WITH THE EXCEPTION OF…….a modified Character Dining experience at Topolino’s Terrace-Flavors of the Riviera
- Diner shows will not be offered during the initial reopening
- Dining locations will be limited in capacity and many remain temporarily closed
- Private dining and in-room delivery will not be offered
- Mobile order service will be offered at quick-service locations throughout the Disney World theme parks, Disney Springs and Disney Resort hotels
- A confirmed dining reservation is required for day Guests at Disney Resort hotel table service restaurant. Reservations are also highly recommended for overnight Guests.
- Select Disney Springs locations have are accepting dining reservations.
- Cashless Payments are highly recommended.
Disney World Updates – Resort hotels
Confirmed Resorts opening June 22:
- Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani Village
- Disney’s Beach Club Villas
- Disney’s BoardWalk Villas
- Disney’s Old Key West Resort
- Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows
- Disney’s Riviera Resort
- Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort
- The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort
- Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground
- Light housekeeping will be offered every other day throughout the length of your stay. Detailed information about housekeeping services can be found HERE.
- Increased cleaning of high traffic areas such as elevators and escalators, handrails, benches, tables, handles, restrooms, and more.
- Enhanced cleaning of rooms between guests
- Complimentary airport transportations via Disney’s Magical Express will be available
- Complimentary transportation to Disney Springs and theme parks will be available with physical distancing measures in place. This will reduce capacity and may result in delays.
- Minnie Van Service will not be available at this time.
- Valet service will not be available at this time with the exception of Guests with disabilities that may require parking assistance.
- Bell Service will deliver luggage to room but not excort guests
- Club-level service will not be availble
- Deliveries will only be made to occupied rooms
- In-room celebrations will not be available
- Dry-cleaning and valet laundry service will not be available
- Shipping services are not available
- Resort airline check-in service may not be availble
- Feature pool will may operate at reduces operating hours, leisure pools will be availalbe 24hrs
- Pools will operate at reduced capacities
- Select pool side activities may be available at select Resort
- Stormalong Bay at Disney’s Yacht and Beach Club Resorts will not be available
- Fitness centers will be open in allignment with state regulations and my have reduced hours
- Instructor led fitness classes are not available
- Fitnes and sports courts will be open
- Recreational activities will vary and be posted
Temporarily Unavailable at Resorts:
- Character experiences
- Dog parks
- Electrical Water Pageant
- Marina rentals
- Pin trading
- Spas, salons and Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique
- Fireworks voyages and tasting cruises, including the Pirates and Pals Fireworks Voyage
- Fun runs
- Wonderland Tea Party at Park Fare
- Hula lessons
- In-room childcare services
- Mermaid school
- Special classes and programs—including culinary, cultural and animal programs
To limit Guest/Cast Member interaction it is strongly recommended that on-line check in is utilized. Guests will be notified when their room is ready and can be accessed using your digital key on the My Disney Experience app. You will be automatically checked out on your scheduled departure day so there is no need to visit the front desk. Guests will also have access to a live chat feature with a Disney Resort Cast Member for any assistance during your stay.
Changes are being made at merchandise locations to facilitate social distancing and manage capacity limits.
- New collections launches and limited-edition items will not be available in stores
- Pin Trading in stores will be limited to pinboards in select locations. Cast members will not be wearing pin lanyards.
- Package delivery from store locations to Resorts and front of the theme park will be suspended.
- Dressing rooms will not be available
- In-person returns will be available in stores upon reopening
Further information is available at WaltDisneyWorld.com but to be honest I had to do some digging to find the pages all of this information was on. I will continue to update you with new information as it becomes available. Be sure to follow me on Facebook and Instagram or sign up for my weekly newsletter for the latest updates.