It’s the inaugural runDisney Springtime Surprise Weekend!!! We received our email with the event guide 14 days before the start of the runDisney Springtime Surprise race weekend. Let’s dive in and explore all of the information this little gem contains.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. I may make a small commission from any links on this page. Please read my disclosure page for more information.
Updated 10/22 — This post will give you a look at what to expect when you register for a runDisney event. Keep in mind that things change for almost every race. Disney changes everything all the time!! So don’t expect things to be exactly the same for your race.
Digital Waiver Form
We start off with the boring stuff. All runners must sign a waiver that basically says that runDisney is not responsible for anything that may happen to you while you participate in the races. THERE IS NOWHERE AT THE EXPO TO PRINT WAIVERS!! Sign your digital waiver. In the past, I believe there was somewhere at the Expo where you could print a waiver to sign but this is no longer the case. There is a link to your waiver form right in the email.
If, at any time, you have difficulty accessing your runDisney registration or there is a mistake with your registration, call runDisney. I have had to call twice for this race. Their site seems to be as glitchy as Disney’s but they are very helpful and solved my issues within minutes. And I did not have to wait on hold forever.
Expo Check-In Pass
An Expo Check-in Pass is required to pick up your Runner’s Packet at the runDisney Health and Fitness Expo, this will include your runner’s bib. Someone else CAN NOT pick up your bib. Your Expo Check-in Pass can be accessed in your runDisney account starting March 28th. You can bring friends and family that are not running with you to the Expo.
NEW!! Digital Expo & Event Guide
I am so excited!!! This is where all of the fun begins!
runDisney calls this the all-new one-stop shop for all information related to the weekend. (that’s a lot of hyphens for one sentence!) There is a link to the guide right in the email. The guide includes:
- Course Maps and Event Arrival and Start Times
- runDisney Health and Fitness Expo Hours and Special Features
- Safety Information and Race Guidelines
- Latest Updates and Alerts through the Weekend
- Weekend Transportation and Parking Information
Did I mention how excited I am!!!!!! Let’s go through each of these sections.
This section basically contains information from each of the race sponsors. There are links to runDisney, Make-A-Wish, AdventHealth, Citizen, Dasani, Enterprise, iTab, Jeff Galloway, Disney Springs, race reminders, and maps (we will come back to the reminders and maps).
Most of the links are advertisements for each company. The Disney Springs link gives you a list of places at Disney Springs where runners can get a discount. To get this discount you need to show your race bib, medal, and the digital or printed Disney Springs flyer. Geez. Seems excessive for 10% off but okay. Actual discounts vary from 10-20%.
• Basin: 15% off entire purchase
• Chapel Hats: 15% off entire purchase
• Coca-Cola® Store: 15% off and complimentary 24 oz. fountain
beverage with $30 purchase. Exclusions apply.
• Columbia Sportswear: 20% off total purchase (exclusions apply;
• Crystal Arts by Arribas Brothers: 10% discount (exclusions apply)
• Edward Beiner Eyewear: 15% off of any purchase $150 or more
• Fabletics: 25% off purchase (exclusions apply)
• Havaianas: Purchase 2 pairs of flip flops and receive 30% off
• Jo Malone London: 10% discount
• Joffrey’s Coffee & Tea Co.: 20% OFF your purchase and a FREE
Ripple Print on select beverages (exclusions apply)
• Johnny Was: 20% off a single item (exclusions apply)
• Just Fun Socks: 15% off entire purchase
• Kendra Scott: 15% off entire purchase
• L’Occitane: 10% off with $65 purchase
• Luxury of Time: 20% off of all jewelry (exclusions apply)
• Oakley: 10% off entire purchase. Not combinable with in-store
promos. Some exclusions may apply
• Ron Jon Surf Shop: 10% off entire purchase, exclusions apply
• Rustic Cuff: 15% off entire purchase
• SPERRY: 15% off entire purchase (exclusions apply)
• The Spice and Tea Exchange: Buy one 1oz spice blend or tea, get
the second one free.
• Sugarboo & Co: 10% off total purchase (Some exclusions may
• Superdry: 15% off entire purchase (exclusions apply)
• UGG: 10% off entire purchase
• Sanuk: 20% off entire purchase
• Under Armour: 20% off your purchase. code: MKTG01981
• Vera Bradley: 15% off total purchase (exclusions apply)
• Blaze Pizza: 10% discount (excluding alcohol)
• Chef Art Smith’s Homecomin’ Florida Kitchen & Southern Shine
Bar: 20% discount on food & beverages
• Chicken Guy!: 10% discount (excluding alcohol)
• City Works Eatery & Pour House: Buy one beer on tap and
receive one free beer of equal or lesser value up to $9. One per
person per visit, per badge. Valid with food purchase.
• Earl of Sandwich: 10% off food purchase and non-alcoholic
• The Edison: 20% discount on food
• Everglazed Donuts & Cold Brew: 10% off donuts, sandwiches,
• Ghirardelli Soda Fountain and Chocolate Shop: 15% off your
• Planet Hollywood: 15% off food purchase and non-alcoholic
• Raglan Road Irish Pub and Restaurant: 10% off food &
• The Spice & Tea Exchange: $.50 off large iced & hot tea
• Splitsville Luxury Lanes: 20% discount on food & beverages
• T-REX and Rainforest Cafe Disney Springs: Complimentary chef’s
appetizer with adult entrée purchase (one per table)
• Wine Bar George: “Buy one, get one” free glass of wine on tap
(Choice of red, white, or rosé up to $9. One per person per visit, per badge. Valid with
food purchase. Not valid on holidays or at The Basket.)
• YeSake: 20% off for food purchase only excluding alcohol
The maps section information on Host Resort Transportation, Driving Directions, and Runner Drop-Off/Pickup. It also includes what are in my opinion the most horrible course maps ever. There is no legend so you have to decipher the thing yourself. The courses are layered on top of each other so that is less than helpful as well. Maybe it’s just me but I find them to be less than ideal. The is also a map showing road closures.
The next tab in the event schedule. I have to be a little harsh here. I know that my high school kids could have come up with a less confusing, user-friendly, aesthetically pleasing page than this. Anyway……..this is the information it contains.
Here you will find a detailed schedule of each day’s events. They include:
Thursday, March 31st
- 5:00 am runDisney Springtime Surprise Sunrise Yoga
- 9:30 am – 5:30 pm Transportation from Host Resorts Expo
- 10:00 am – 6:00 pm runDisney Health and Fitness Expo is open
- 10:00 am – 6:30 pm Transportation from Expo to Host Resorts
- 8:30 pm – 10:00 pm Transportation from Host Resorts to 5K start line
- 10:00 pm Expedition Everest 5K begins
- 10:00 pm – 1:00 pm Transportation from 5K finish line to Host Resorts
Friday, April 1st
- 11:30 am – 6:30 pm Transportation from Host Resorts Expo
- 12:00 pm – 7:00 pm runDisney Health and Fitness Expo is open
- 12:00 pm – 7:30 pm Transportation from Expo to Host Resorts
Saturday, April 2nd
- 3:00 am – 4:30 am Transportation to 10K start line from Host Resorts
- 5:00 am Race for the Taste 10K begins
- 6:30 am – 9:00 am Transportation from 10K finish line to Host Resorts
- 10:30 am – 2:30 pm Transportation from Host Resorts to Expo
- 11:00 am – 3:00 pm runDisney Health and Fitness Expo is open
- 11:00 am – 3:30 pm Transportation from Expo to Host Resorts
Sunday, April 3rd
- 3:00 am – 4:30 pm Transportation to 10-miler start line from Host Resorts
- 5:00 am Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler begins
- 6:30 am – 10:00 am Transportation from 10-miler finish line to Host Resorts
In addition to the schedule, there are also links to more information for Sunrise Yoga, Expo Transportation, runDisney Expo, Race Transportation, Spector Info, and further race information. These links are the only way to access some of this additional information. As I mentioned before, it is not a very user-friendly site.
runDisney Event Details
Sunrise Yoga is a one-hour guided yoga session in front of Cinderella Castle at Magic Kingdom. A yoga mat, carrying case, and a water bottle are provided for each registrant.
Sunrise Yoga Logistics
- Guests must bring a valid photo ID and a completed Yoga Check-in Pass to check-in
- Digital Waiver must be signed online
- The parking lot will open at 3:45 AM
- Check-In Begins at 4:00 AM at Disney’s Ticket & Transportation Center
- Security Bag Check will open at 4:00 AM
- Guest must arrive prior to 5:00 AM for Check In
- Transportation to Magic Kingdom Park main entrance will not be available after 5:00 AM
- Guests will be transported to Magic Kingdom Park main entrance via Ferry Boat
- Walking paths and Monorails to Magic Kingdom Park will not be available
- Guests will be exited from Magic Kingdom Park at the end of the event and a valid Theme Park Ticket and Park Reservation is required for entry
- Must be 10 years or older to participate. Children under age 14 must be accompanied by a Guest age 14 or older to participate
- Yoga location is subject to change. Your location within the activity area is on a first-come, first-served basis
Yoga Bus Transportation
Limited transportation from Walt Disney World Resorts will be limited. There is one pick-up time from each resort. Guests must be that the designated bus stop at pick-up time or arrange for their own transportation to the event. Buses will drop Guests off at the Ticket and Transportation Center and pick up Guests after the event at the Magic Kingdom bus loop. The exact time for pick up at each Walt Disney World Resort is listed in this section of the guide.
runDisney event transportation will be provided to and from all Walt Disney World Resorts, Shades of Green, and the Swan and Dolphin resorts. Transportation times and pick-up locations will be posted on signs in the lobby of each of the Host Resorts.
runDisney event transportation will be provided to and from all Walt Disney World Resorts, Shades of Green, and the Swan and Dolphin Resorts. Transportation times and pick-up locations will be posted on signs in the lobby of each Host Resort.
Parking is available at Disney’s Animal Kingdom for the 5K. Parking for the 10K and 1o-miler is available at Epcot. The is no fee for parking for race events.
There will be no monorail transportation for any of the events.
Runner Drop Off/Pickup
There are drop-off and pick-up locations at Disney’s Animal Kingdom for the 5K and at Epcot for the 10k and 10-miler. This includes taxi service, rideshare, and personal vehicles. Follow Cast Members and signage for directions.
There is no skyline transportation for any of the events.
Transportation – Spectators are encouraged to use the Race Weekend Transportation (buses) for all events. Those not staying at a Disney Resort will need to provide their own transportation. Parking is free before 6:00 am on race weekends.
- viewing on open roadways and overpasses is not allowed
- do not distribute any food and/or beverage items to runners along the racecourse
- spectators are allowed in designated areas and the start and finish line and in any public areas along the racecourse
The runDisney Expo is where the fun kicks off! Here you will pick up your bib and race shirt, shop for runDisney merchandise, take advantage of some fun photo op locations, and do some browsing and shopping at the sponsor booths. Participants must attend the runDisney Health and Fitness Expo, located at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex prior to their first scheduled event.
Expo Check-In Pass
Your Expo Check-In Pass will be needed to pick up your race bib. This pass will be available in your runDisney account starting March 28th. Guests must have a printed or digital copy of their Expo Check-In Pass for EACH event they are participating in.
NEW!!! Digital Waiver Forms
All participants must have a signed digital waiver for each event they are participating in. This waiver is found in your runDisney account. T0 sign your waiver:
- log in to your runDisney account
- select “view and sign” documents in the important reminders section
- select the event from your registration list
- select “your documents” from the event
- select “view and sign document”
- read the waiver, type in your name (this must match the name used during race registration)
- you will be given the option to download or email a copy to yourself
Race bib and shirt pick up
- The expo is the only place where you can pick up your race bib and shirt
- Participants must pick up their own race bib. You can only pick up another participant’s bib if they are a minor
- Bibs can be picked up at the State Farm Field House. You must have a valid ID, a signed digital waiver, and Check-In Pass
- Race shirts and gEAR bags will be picked up at the Visa Athletic Center
- Race shirts may be exchanged for another size at the Expo if there is availability
- Participants can also pick up a gEAR bag. This bag can be dropped off at a designed table at the start line of the race and picked up at a designed location at the finish line. This can be a time-consuming process, keep that in mind if you are considering the use of a gEAR bag
ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex
runDisney Springtime Surprise Races
Expedition Everest 5K
The Expedition Everest 5k is more than just a race, it’s a scavenger hunt! 6 clues will lead runners through their racecourse. Participants must download the Mobile Adventures app to access the goals and tasks to complete the trek. The goal is to complete all of the challenges listed under Tasks on the drop-down menu. Clues will only open as you visit locations indicated with an icon on the Map. Runners are encouraged to complete the tasks after completing the race.
Below are the course map, staging map and start/finish staging map for the 5K.
Race for The Taste 10K
The Race for the Taste 10K is a 6.2-mile “Ratatouille”-inspired course that meanders its way through Epcot and around the Epcot Resort area. Bib and race shirt procedure is the same for all races and is covered above. All participants must arrive at the Epcot parking lot by 4:00 am. All drivers must park at the Epcot parking lot. Participants staying at Host Resorts are encouraged to utilize the provided runDisney event transportation. Participants must enter through the staging area in the Epcot parking lot to access their Start Group and start the race. The race must be completed within the 16-minute-per-mile pacing requirement. Pacing requirements include taking photos with Characters, restroom breaks, and food/water stops.
The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10 miler
Enter a whole new dimention tackiling 10 miles through Epcot, Hollywood Studios and Boardwalk. . Bib and race shirt procedure is the same for all races and is covered above. All participants must arrive at the Epcot parking lot by 4:00 am. All drivers must park at the Epcot parking lot. Participants staying at Host Resorts are encouraged to utilize the provided runDisney event transportation. Participants must enter through the staging area in the Epcot parking lot to access their Start Group and start the race. The race must be completed within the 16-minute-per-mile pacing requirement. Pacing requirements include taking photos with Characters, restroom breaks, and food/water stops.
runDisney Event Guide
For more information on tracking runners, and costume guidelines you can access the event guide with the link below.
I hope this has piqued your interest in participating in a runDisney event! Let me know if I can expect to see you at the next race!! Every mile is magic 🙂